Subject: [AppStream] AppStream 0.12.11 released!
From: Matthias Klumpp <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 19:10:39 +0200
List-Id: <appstream.lists.freedesktop.org>

Hello!
I just released AppStream 0.12.11 with many exciting changes. For me,
one of the best points of this releases is that it switches away from
the Publican tool for building the DocBook documentation to DAPS,
which has the benefit of using a well-maintained tool. In addition, we
are also using a modified version of DAPS/openSUSE's own XSL
stylesheets for the documentation, which provides much better
usability compared to the previous documentation. Navigation is much
easier, and as an added bonus the docs now look less like a webpage
from the early 2000s.
Check out the prebuilt docs at
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/appstream/docs/

In addition, the new release also introduces "user input control
recommendations", which lets developers make recommendations of how
users can best control their apps, e.g. to select whether touch input
is preferred or gampad input is possible.

This release, as always, also contains a lot of bugfixes. One of the
most important ones from that category is a huge regression fix for
the component search, which resulted in results being sorted randomly
instead of by their accurate match score.

Tarballs available here:
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/appstream/releases/

Cheers,
    Matthias

Version 0.12.11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Released: 2020-05-12

Features:
 * Auto-update static category data from fd.o
 * Implement support for input control relations
 * validator: Validate input control relations
 * validator: Put AppStream technical terms and tag names in backticks in
   explanation texts
 * Modernize the README
 * validator: Check for uppercase letters in cids
 * Strip beginning/trailing newlines in a number of places
 * Make AsContext getter for AsComponent public API
 * qt: Add support for name_variant_suffix
 * Make component sort-score API public API
 * Implement a YAML representation of release artifact information

Specification:
 * Build specification and docs with DAPS
 * docs: Add (HTML) anchors for requires/recommends items
 * spec: Specify user input control recommendations
 * docs: Don't show reference to nonexistent provides->service tag for services
 * spec: Encourage the use of only lowercase letters for component-IDs
 * docs: Document --explain flag in ascli manual page as well
 * docs: Add permalink anchors to some list entries
 * Formally support BLAKE2b/s as hash functions for release artifacts
 * docs: Link to the MetaInfo Creator webapp in a few places

Bugfixes:
 * Be less noisy about ignoring excessively long search tokens
 * Tighten the "free license" check and prevent false positives
 * cache: Use correct fts value per result (David Hewitt)
 * validator: Control items can't have a version
 * validator: Reduce download timeout
 * yaml: Strip encoding when serializing keyword lists
 * Allows arbitrary indentation when converting NEWS files
 * Ignore NULL values silently in our stringstrip function
 * Only dump valid metainfo description markup, sanitize it otherwise

-- 
I welcome VSRE emails. See http://vsre.info/
_______________________________________________
AppStream mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/appstream